Apples & Greens Salad
It’s important to use a really tasty apple here. If you have a produce stand or farmer’s market, it’s worth the trip. And for the cider vinegar, we love Katz & Co’s.
• 3 Tb California Blend olive oil
• 1/4 tsp grated lemon zest
• 1 Tb lemon juice
• 2 Tb cider vinegar
• 2 tsp minced shallots
• 1 tsp honey
• Salt and pepper
• 1 apple (cored and sliced into wedges)
• 8 handfuls of salad mix (preferably baby greens)
• 1/3 cup blue or feta cheese
In your salad bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, shallots and honey. Add salt and pepper to taste, then add the apples to the dressing. Toss in the greens and sprinkle with either cheese. Serves 4.